Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Getting Close

I haven't updated my blog for ages. There hasn't been much action in my adoption process to report for a while. I've been concentrating on work and other things while this wait just goes on and on ... and on. But I may be getting some very good news soon!!! I am hoping to receive my referral very soon, possibly within the next week. China (the CCAA) sends referrals once a month, and they are due to arrive soon. Every time referrals are received by waiting families, that reduces the number of people who are "in line" in front of me. The CCAA has matched babies with families logged in through Nov. 25th of 2005. I was logged in December 5th of 2005 .... so.... if they can cover those 10 days with the next batch I'm in!! Now, if you look at the calendar for 2005, four of those ten days were weekend days, so they really would only have to get through six BUSINESS days which I'm hoping will make a big difference in how much ground is covered. On the cautious side ...... last month the CCAA only covered three business days. But some months more time is covered. A lot of people who watch this stuff, and others with the same log-in date, feel like Dec. 5th. could be included. SO ...... I'm on pins and needles here waiting for word, checking for updates on the Rumor Queen website and the CCAA site about every 20 minutes!!!! Since my referral is getting so close, a friend [Hi, you know who you are :)]asked me for my blog address so I thought "oh, I guess I need to update that!!!", so here I am. I hope to post really good news soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it will be soon that this whole process will be behind you and you'll be getting on the plane to China to get your baby! I read people who start this process now would have to wait five years so if you look at it that way it isn't so long! The math is very complicated in this process and I've noticed several people doing calculations and predictions. In short, you are all going a little bit nuts, but for a good reason! Hang in there Mama!